Sunday 24 April 2016

OUGD401
Practical Exploration - Development & Production

In development I mocked up the newsletter in Illustrator, experimenting with different layouts. The main information being presented first so the viewer is informed, the order of the newsletter is the content aimed at the customer first, for example the events nearby then popular events, followed by generic news.

I decided to produce the newsletter in Illustrator because I found it easier to mock up and experiment with the objects and content, even though Indesign may have presented a better layout guide to follow. I used QR Generator which is website which simply allows you to create QR codes ready to scan so the QR codes on the newsletter take you straight to the events page on the Resident Advisor website. Adverts are located at the bottom of the page, in my essay I discuss how people trust printed media because they aren't saturated in online adverts but for the newsletter I include adverts as another format of news.

No comments:

Post a Comment