Monday 25 April 2016

OUGD401
Evaluation

To conclude on this module which at times I've found challenging but in the end very helpful to my practice. Learning ways of research and exploring the historical and contextual side of graphic design, then bringing theory into practice in the practical work has been parts I've enjoyed. I'm happy with my essay as Ive came to understand new theories about my essay question which was 'the role of print media in the digital age', learning these theories has helped me forge a comprehension of what print media is today within my subject discipline; and helped me consider paths I may want to take in print media as I'm interested in editorial design.

Ive been pleased with my research in this module as it been to relevant and current to my essay but also my discipline, Ive come to understand graphic design more contextually in this module which I'm pleased with. The research informed my essay along with my practical piece and I'm pleased how both turned out.

Lectures and seminars have been important in helping me gain an understanding but also making assumptions / opinions of my discipline for myself. Learning about theories and methods in these lectures has benefited other modules such as design principles in which I've been able to apply certain methods etc to my work. At the start of this module I wanted to further my knowledge of graphic design and improve my critical writing and now the module is at a end, I believe I've achieved these aims through my essay feedback and my research for the essay; which has helped improve my theory of graphic design.

No comments:

Post a Comment